Enjoying a glass of wine at the end of a stressful day can be really relaxing. Just you, a good book on a cozy couch can go a long way for your mental state. As long as you don’t abuse the habit, of course.
But has it ever happened to you to throw away half a bottle of perfectly good wine just because it stayed open for too long? It happens to anyone, and it can be really annoying. Alcohol abuse is not an option, but wine will go stale if you keep it open for long. What are you going to do? Drink it all just because you don’t want it to go to waste? There are caps that you can use, but none of them will preserve wine perfectly. And that is how you end up with wine going down the drain.
Fortunately, there is a better solution out there, other than the regular caps. It’s called a wine preserver, and it’s the most efficient way to save your wine from being thrown in the sink.
Types of wine preservers
Wines preservers come in three forms: vacuum pump, inflatable pump, and gas. Each kind comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. It’s entirely your choice which one to go for.
The vacuum pump
It’s a small pump that comes with multiple bottle stoppers. It is very easy to use, and it will keep your wine fresh for up to 2 weeks. All you have to do is place the bottle stopper on top of the wine bottle, place the pump on top of it, and then just pump until you can’t anymore. Some models even let you know when there is no more air in the bottle. It resembles preserving your clothes in vacuum bags. It removes all the oxygen so the wine would not be affected. It’s straightforward and efficient.
The good thing about this wine saver is that it’s more of a permanent solution. Not like other types of wine savers. It lasts longer. The bottle stoppers come in different shapes, so you don’t have to worry that it will not fit your favorite brand.
The inflatable pump
This one is not as efficient as the previous one. It is easy to use. All you have to do is insert a balloon inside the bottle. The balloon is attached to a small hose with a pump at the end. You squeeze the pump until the balloon inflates enough to create an airtight seal inside the bottle. It can prolong the wine’s life with 3 or 4 days. That is not very much time, so I believe it suits best for people who are regular wine drinkers. If you drink a glass now and another one next week, I advise you find another solution.
The balloon will not affect the taste of the wine, but you cannot use it for more than 80 times. Also, you can use this solution only on standard 750 ml bottles.
It usually comes in a spraying container. It’s not a simple gas, but a combination of argon, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen. The purpose of this spray is to create a blanket over the wine in order to protect in from oxygen. It is very efficient; the effect will last a few weeks. Depending on the brand, one spray can be used 120 times.
The gas is non-toxic, doesn’t affect the taste of the wine, and a high-quality wine preserver will always come accompanied by the phrase “FDA approved.” After all, you are going to drink the wine. It makes sense that the FDA should be involved in this.
The benefits of using a wine saver
I suppose you are looking for a wine preserver because you are tired of throwing wine away. Millions of existent customers agree with you. Such a product can have a few benefits that will make wine drinking more enjoyable.
- It prevents waste – if you want a glass of wine, but you don’t want to drink anymore for a couple of days or weeks, then a wine saver will keep that wine fresh for as long as possible. That is if you go for the most efficient solution. You no longer have to throw wine away just because you couldn’t drink it all in one sitting.
- It will save expensive wines – have you ever bought an expensive bottle of wine that you wanted to savor on more than one occasions? We all have. But conventional caps cannot preserve it for too long, which is why a wine saver is an ideal solution. It may save the wine, but it will save money as well.
- Keeps it fresh for your guests – some people are not very punctual without realizing that it may cause trouble. If you open the bottles of wine and your guests arrive later than the appointed hour, a wine preserver will keep the wine fresh until they show up.
How to choose the best wine preserver?
It’s not as easy as it seems. There are hundreds of products out there that claims to work, but not all of them deliver the promised results. That is why you should pay attention to a few details.
- Check to see if the wine preserver is FDA approved. I believe this is the most important aspect. The wine saver will come in contact with something you put in your body. Do you really want to subject yourself to the risk of getting intoxicated with God knows what? I didn’t think so.
- Check to see if the materials are sturdy. That doesn’t apply to gas, but if you want an inflatable pump or a vacuum pump, you want it to last as long as possible. It will save you money in the long run.
- Make sure that it will preserve the wine for an extendedperiod. I’m afraid that the inflatable pump loses at this chapter.
- Check compatibility. The vacuum pumps can come with many bottle stoppers, each a different size, and this doesn’t apply to gas, but the inflatable pump can only preserve wine in standard 750 ml bottles.
What are the best wine preservers?
If you are paying attention to details, you should be able to choose the best wine saver you can find. But if you feel confused and don’t know which one to choose, and let’s face it, there are hundreds of products available for purchase, here are a few suggestions that may be of help.
Vacu Vin Wine Saver Pump
Vacu Vinwas first released in 1980, and it had quite the success. I know that this is probably the first time you heard of it, but it has been around for a long time. Meanwhile, the product suffered modifications that made it even better.
The purpose of Vacu Vin is to eliminate all the air inside the bottle. It creates an airtight seal that will keep oxygen away from your favorite wine. That way you can keep it fresh for up to 2 weeks. I believe that is enough. After all, I don’t think it can take anyone more than two weeks to finish a bottle of wine.
The one thing that I love about Vacu Vin is that it lets you know when there is no more air in the bottle and you should stop pumping. It enjoys a patented technology that allows you to find out when all the oxygen is out by simply making a “click” sound. When you want to remove the bottle stopper, simply push it on a side, and the air will enter the bottle. Pull the cap and you are done. You can enjoy a fresh glass of wine as if you opened the bottle for the first time.
This wine preserver is very popular, with over 35 millions of satisfied customers. It is sold in over 80 countries and has won multiple awards. It is FDA approved. The device seems to be well made and sturdy. You will enjoy it for a very long time.
The package contains one wine saver vacuum pump and two vacuum bottle stoppers, just in case you open two bottles of wine at a time. It is suitable for white and red wine, but it doesn’t work on sparkling wine (for obvious reasons). The manufacturer recommends hand washing over the dishwasher. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Private Preserve True 1026
This wine saver comes in the form of gas. It is highly efficient and will keep your wine fresh for weeks. It contains a combination of argon, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen. The whole purpose of this gas is to create a blanket of gas over the wine and prevent oxygen from spoiling the content of the bottle. You should know that you can also use this gas on liquors, cooking oils, or any other liquid that may lose its quality if it stays open for too long.
To use it, all you have to do it attach the extension tube in the bottle opening with the cork on top. Spray the recommended dosage (it differs according to the liquid inside), and then quickly insert the cork. That’s it. When you want to drink from the bottle again, remove the cork. You don’t have to worry that you will get intoxicated. The gas inside the bottle is inert and non-toxic. If it makes you feel safer, then you should know that the product is FDA approved. It cannot harm you in any way.
Private Preserve wine saver can be used on any liquid as long as it’s not carbonated. I think you know why. Also, there is a concern going around. People claim that their spray is empty, but in fact, it’s full. That is because the gas inside is low density and very light. You will be able to use it up to 120 times. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Proimb Wine Saver Pump
This is also a vacuum pump. I guess you notice that there is no suggestion of mine that contains an inflatable pump. That is because I think they are useless. I mean, they will do their job, but only for a little while. And if there is something better out there, then why not?
The Proimb vacuum pump will remove all the oxygen from the wine bottle by creating an airtight seal. Unlike the first pump I talked about, this one does not have a way of showing you when you don’t have to pump anymore. You just have to pump until you feel resistance. But that is not difficult to figure out.
The device is not made of cheap plastic, but of high-quality stainless steel. It will last a lifetime in your kitchen drawer. The handle is ergonomically designed so that you can pump comfortably. At the same time, the design will not allow the pinching that comes with most vacuum pumps. You will receive not two bottle stoppers, but four. You can open four bottles of wine at once, and not one will go stale. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Although I appreciate the quality of vacuum pumps, I believe that gas is more useful. In my opinion, Private Preserve is one of the best wine preservers on the market. The fact that I can use it on many liquids, not just wine, it’s a huge selling point for me. Even if I have to replace the bottle once in a while. It’s affordable, so that is not a real issue.
Even if wine preservers have been around for a long time, I only found out about them recently. I was left in awe. It’s just a simple thing that can improve something in your life. You see, sometimes it’s the little things in life that make you feel happy, like a long-lasting opened bottle of wine. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Keep Wine Fresh Reviews & Tips
- What is Actually Going on with Rabbit Wine Bottle Stoppers
- Understanding Wine Stopper Vacuum
- Things You Should Know About Wine Bottle Sealer
- The Downside Risk of Wine Preservation Systems That No One Is Talking About
- Wine Saver Pump Guide
- The Number One Article on Wine Sealer
- The Good, the Bad and Best Wine Stopper
- The Number One Article on Wine Vacuum
- Things You Won’t Like About Wine Vacuum Sealer and Things You Will
- The Insider Secrets of Wine Vacuum Pump Exposed
- The Characteristics of Wine Pump
- The New Fuss About Vacuum Wine Stopper
- A Secret Weapon for Wine Preservation System
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Wine Saver and What You Should Do Today
- The Unusual Secret of Wine Bottle Vacuum Sealer
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Wine Preserver That Only a Few People Know Exist
- Choosing Good Argon Wine Preserver
- The Debate Over Vacu Vin Wine Stoppers
- A Secret Weapon for Wine Bottle Saver
- Dirty Facts About Wine Recorker Revealed
- Rumored News on Wine Preserver System Discovered
- The Essentials of Wine Preserve That You Can Benefit From Beginning Immediately
- The Ultimate Strategy to Wine Air Pump
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Vacuum Wine Saver
- The Quintessential Manual to Wine Preserver Pump
- Top Vacu Vin Wine Saver Pump Tips!
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Wine Preserver Bottle
- What Pros Aren’t Saying About Wine Saver Gas and What This Means For You
- Understanding Wine Bottle Preserver
- Life, Death, and Wine Preserver Gas
- A Fool’s Guide to Air Cork Wine Preserver
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Vacuum Wine Preserver
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Best Wine Saver
- The Ultimate Best Wine Preservation System Trick